Estate Agent Selling Fees
Other standard estate agency fees range from 0.75% to 3% of the final sale price. The Land Registry reported the average house sale price in the UK as £224,144 in March of this year, so with an average estate agency fee of 1% in 2023, according to a survey by Property Academy, the average price you would expect to pay your average estate agent, excluding VAT is: £2,689.79.
We’ve attached a breakdown of how much you would expect to pay on average to other estate agents, depending on your final selling price of your property.
What questions should I ask an estate agent before instructing them?
When choosing an estate agent to sell your house, you should be asking the following questions:
- What do you get for your estate agency fee?
- Is VAT included in that fee?
- Are there any additional costs?
- Where will my house be marketed?
- What type of contract do the agents provide?
- Is there a tie-in period?
Learn more here: Questions to ask your estate agent.
Our prices are very competitive so contact us today to see how much you could save.
What do you get with Coppenwall?
By selling your home with Coppenwall, you get a professional service, with true passion and dedication to sell your property, and at a much cheaper rate. Our estate agent selling fees include:
- Property valuation report - statistics and data provided by Rightmove and Land Registry.
- Professional photography, video guides and floorplans - We will take care of photographing and measuring your home.
- Property details - we will provide an attention-grabbing write-up that is optimised for search engines and potential buyers.
- Marketing and Advertising - we provide extensive listing coverage on a multitude of platforms including Rightmove, Zoopla , Prime Location, and all social media channels. Learn more about our property marketing.
- Dedicated account manager - you can feel confident that you will be dealing with one allocated member of staff throughout your property sale.
- Professional negotiation and sales progression - we are committed to getting you the best possible price, and guiding you through to completion with as little stress as possible. We provide weekly updates from your property being listed on the property market, through to completion.
- Energy Performance Certificate - you will need an energy performance certificate to legally market a property. We can provide this for just £80.
- Anti-money laundering checks - to legally market your property, we must check that you are the legal owner of the property, check whether you are a politically-exposed person, and we must see proof of photographic ID and address before we can place your property on the market. We also, fully vet all potential buyers, and request proof of photographic ID, address, and full proof of funding, before we advise you to formally accept an offer.
Read about our high standards policy.
Contact Coppenwall Estate Agents
Email us on: email@example.com
Call Coppenwall on: 01706 489 140